LAND, WATER, HEALTH, SAFETY INCREASINGLY THREATENED—
HELP REDUCE THREATS with BALANCE's REAL SOLUTION
—Every two and one-half minutes the eleven Western states lose a football field sized chunk of Open Land—essential for natural habitat—to Development, with over half of that land used for housing and commercial development. That's a Los Angeles sized area lost every year. As a result more than 300 plant and animal species are at or near Extinction, including one-third of North American Bird Species. (Conservation Science Partners/Center for American Progress—May, 2016)
—This ongoing Natural Catastrophe is consistent with the study BALANCE has publicized showing that, for every person added to the U.S. Population, one acre of natural habitat or farmland is lost to development (Pimentel, et. al. Cornell)
—The Negative consequences of the USA's explosive population growth are exacerbated by the continuing Severe Drought in the Western States, with Pennsylvania, North and South Dakota, and Washington predicted to join them soon in the Severely Drought-Stricken Category.
—And California state-wide snow-water content is only 29% of normal, with over-pumped groundwater levels having ALREADY declined by an average of more than 100 feet with some having been depleted entirely — a Real Disaster for California agriculture — the USA’s most productive. (Pacific Institute/Calif. Dept. of Water Resources.)
—And yet California continues to grow by over 400,000 legal immigrants per year (U.S. Census) and each such annual cohort requires an ADDITIONAL Million Acre-feet of Water.
— And the tens of thousands of Illegal Aliens and "Refugees" flooding across our undefended southern Border are threats to both our Health and Personal Safety:
— *22% of "Refugees" forcibly resettled in Minnesota have active TB for example (CDC).
— And, reported by Sovereignty Project, the Obama Administration recently lifted the ban on admitting immigrants with three Sexually Transmitted Diseases — Chancroid, granunala inguinale and lymphogranuloma venereum.
( For much more on diseases introduced — or re-introduced into the United States by immigrants — see extensive documentation by the late Madeline Cosman, M.D.)
— And the Legal Immigrant Boston Bombers and San Bernadino Shooters remind us of the Threat to our Personal Safety as does the Murder of Kate Steinle, Bob Barry, Jesse Benavides, Casey Chadwick, and many others by Illegal Aliens. But BALANCE offers a REAL SOLUTION (below) which would virtually halt this worsening Trend.
And of course, there are many other Negative Consequences in continuing to allow Mass Legal and Illegal Immigration:
In March 2016: Immigrant Displacement of American Workers hit an all-time high!
- Total Household Survey employment rose 246,000, up by 0.2%
- “Native-born”—American—employment fell by 32,000, down by 0.03%
- “Foreign-born”—immigrant—employment rose by 278,000, up by 1.1%
Ed Rubenstein, vDare.com
Note especially that MORE than 100% of the new jobs were captured by immigrants. The number of employed Americans was actually down, despite the increase in total employment!!
BALANCE has a REAL SOLUTION:
BALANCE needs your help NOW to implement our 2016-2017 Victory Initiative Action Plan and to STOP the worsening Crisis! Encourage your Representatives to enact:
1) THE ONLY SOLUTION: A Zero-Net All-Inclusive, i.e., including “Refugees” and “Aslyees”, MORATORIUM on Legal Immigration: this would still allow 100,000 to 150,000 thousand Immigrants to obtain legal residence annually. That number — still large — compares with an estimated 1.5 million or more aliens now admitted legally to the USA annually, in addition to the uncertain number of illegal aliens. A Zero-Net Moratorium is Essential not only because of the extraordinary costs to Taxpayers saddled with providing Billions of Dollars’ worth of “Free” benefits to most of the legal immigrants and illegal aliens, but also to protect our Natural Environment from Degradation and unsustainable resource use. Drastically Reduce or eliminate H1b and related programs that bring workers and their families into the U.S., taking more American jobs and further depressing wages, and increasing Green House Gas Emissions.
Thus the Reps. Brat (R-VA) and Hice (R-GA) Bill, H.R. 604, which would end Chain Migration and augment Enforcement, is definitely a step in the Right Direction, as is the Refugee Program Restoration Act (HR4731-Goodlatt R-VA) which would reduce the refugee cap to 60,000 annually, but we really do need a Moratorium!
BALANCE supports other excellent Bills as well:
S.2266 Grassley (R-Iowa) Durbin (D-Ill) would prohibit replacement of American Workers by H1B or L-1 Visa Holders and prohibit more H1b visas if more than 50% of their workers are already on these Visas. And the “Protection of Children” Act (S.2561 — Sessions R-Ala and Johnson R-Wisc) would return children to their families in their Home Countries, but pushing a Moratorium is priority #1.
2) No More Amnesties or Sanctuary Cities: Amnesties reward Illegal Behavior with increasingly Tragic Consequences. “Sanctuary City” laws are de facto Amnesties and should be defunded and outlawed. Support “Mobilizing Against Sanctuary Cities Act”, H.R. 3002 – Rep. Barletta (R-PA) and “Enforce the Law for Sanctuary Cities Act”, H.R. 3309 – Rep. Hunter (R-CA) and H.R. 1148 – Gowdy (R-SC) which would empower local law enforcement to enforce Federal Immigration laws, as well as companion bills in the Senate. Were it not for Sanctuary City laws and Open Borders policies, those many victims murdered or injured by Illegal Aliens in San Francisco, San Antonio, Las Vegas, New Jersey, Arizona, Laredo, Texas and elsewhere might be alive and well today.
For those who say it is already “too late” to save America, we respond that, UNLESS WE ACT NOW the Situation will become Worse, MUCH WORSE. IF we do not succeed, a “Third World Hell Hole” is surely in our Future. The Paris and San Bernadino Massacres are a Warning!
3) Enforce Immigration Laws — Secure the Borders: Existing laws relating to Legal Immigration and Border Security are not being enforced, primarily because of the Obama Administration's Unconstitutional Executive Orders, including tying the hands of our Border Patrol, as Arizona Sheriff Babeu has documented.
4) No Citizenship for the US-born Offspring of Illegal Aliens or Visitors: “Birth Tourism” has become a flourishing Industry in the USA, and, understandably so, since babies born in the USA are deemed (based on a judicial misinterpretation of the 14th Amendment) to be Citizens. As Citizens, they can bring their parents and other relatives into the USA as permanent legal residents — on average, seventeen relatives per Anchor Baby — eligible for Citizenship, as well as Billions in “free” Medical Care, Education, Welfare payments, Food Stamps and other taxpayer funded benefits.
5) STOP the TPP and TTIP TRADE DEALS! The TPP would not only require “free movement of persons” among member nations (of which Mexico is one), but also establish an International Commission which could Negate/Override the power of the USA to set its own immigration policy. As well, Service Providing Companies in ANY of the Member Nations could send into the USA unlimited numbers of their service providing personnel to compete with American workers, thus depressing American workers wages and eliminating many of their jobs. The Job-Killing TPP and TTIP must be stopped!
The ONLY Solution to keeping the Mass Immigration-generated Crises from getting much, much worse is to push the Administration and Congress to enact a Zero-Net MORATORIUM on Legal Immigration and seal the Borders to stop Illegal Immigration. Eisenhower Administration policies showed that many illegal aliens self-deport when authorities get tougher, as President Eisenhower did when he deported nearly 2 Million Illegals in the 1950s. Thus the claim that Mass Deportation or Mass Legalization are the only options is a false narrative. And we must push NOW so that we can generate increasing support for Bills to be enacted ASAP, but realistically no later than when a New President is in office in the Spring, 2017.
From a Political-Strategic Perspective, pushing a Zero-Net Moratorium is the ONLY WAY to delegitimize the whole Policy of Mass Immigration. Also, pushing a Moratorium is Essential to maximize Political Pressure to get some Reductions at least. BALANCE’s Moratorium Push MAXIMIZES Political Pressure NOW and thus is the most efficient use of our Activists’ time and money.
Refusing to push a Moratorium (as certain Inside-the-Beltway and other Mass Immigration [de facto] Management Groups do), is a Recipe for Failure as the past three decades have shown, since that is merely Defensive, as well as Ineffective.
Such a Refusal is, indeed, Counterproductive — merely pushing for “immigration reform,” legitimizes the continuation of Mass Immigration because it sends the message that Mass Immigration is OK if we just tweak it a little bit. And it is even worse to push for “Controlled Immigration for the National Interest” or for the two-decades old Jordan Commission Recommendation that Immigration be cut by a third, because that sends the message that Mass Immigration IS in the National Interest. Pushing to merely cut Mass Immigration by a third or a half is a failed Political, Demographic, and Security Strategy.
And a cut by a third or even a half does NOT put the USA on the path to Sustainability. Rather, it just delays the Inevitable Disintegration and Degradation for a very few years. As well, being merely Defensive increases the chances of passage of Bad Bills, e.g., Illegal Alien Amnesties, and the Issuance of Unconstitutional Executive Orders.
Pushing a Zero-Net Moratorium is key as an objective because it is reasonable and Essential for long-term Environmental and Personal Protection and for providing Sufficient Resources, INCLUDING WATER and FOOD and Money, for survival. Today, we are in the process of exceeding our long-term Carrying Capacity. We must Reverse Course NOW!
In sum, a Zero-Net Moratorium is The Necessary Condition for achieving U.S. Population Stabilization, long term Environmental Protection, Budgetary Solvency in State and Local Government (especially for our Health Care and Educational Institutions), Tax Reduction, Unemployment Reduction, Social and Cultural Cohesion and Personal Safety… and for protection of our Food and Water Supplies!
Mass Immigration is thus NOT “Just about the Numbers” as one Management Group claims. WE ARE FACING A MANY-MONTHS-LONG SERIES OF BATTLES ON THESE ISSUES, extending well into 2017. So PLEASE Help BALANCE Intensify our push for a Zero-Net Moratorium and the other Victory Initiative Positions!
Certain Well-Funded Cheap Labor Advocates on the Right, and Ethnic Power and Government Benefits Recipients on the Left, are pushing hard for further implementation of President Obama's Mass Illegal Alien Amnesty, AND FOR MASSIVE INCREASES IN LEGAL IMMIGRATION, including Refugees and Asylees!
Only our Massive Grassroots Effort can stop them! Phone Calls or Office Visits followed by Snail Mail letters are most effective (emails are often ignored and fax machines can be turned off). And please consider that BALANCE is greatly outspent by the Cheap Labor Lobby and various Ethnic Power Lobbies.
So Please Help BALANCE Intensify our push for the aforementioned ASAP! Coalition Initiatives, TODAY, NOW!
BALANCE very much needs you to make a Tax-Deductible Donation TODAY. Please DONATE at our website: www.balance.orgwww.balance.org or, to donate via U.S mail, please send to:
Population-Environment Balance | P.O. Box 268 | San Francisco, CA 94104
Population-Environment Balance | P.O. Box 268 | San Francisco, CA 94104
Washington, DC address:
Population-Environment Balance | 1629 K Street NW, Suite 300 | Washington DC, 20006
BALANCE is anti-Mass-Immigration, not anti-immigrant.
BALANCE is the leading National Organization publicizing information regarding the
Threat of Mass Immigration-generated population growth to our
Environment, Nation, Budgets, and Personal Safety
and Mobilizing Activists to Reduce it.